This is a three day workshop lead by John Britt.
Friday, November 2 2018 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday, November 3, 2018 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday, November 4, 2018 10 am – 3 pm
The workshop includes the materials for mixing glazes, but not some equipment. You will be responsible for the bringing the items below:
Supply List for Glaze Class
- OSHA approved respirator or dust mask and a quart size zip lock bag (with your name on it) to keep it in.
- Journal and pen, sharpie markers
- One pair of latex gloves,
- Braun (or some other brand) kitchen hand blender (a.k.a. immersion blender)
- A small scoop for measuring out materials,
- 10 –Solo plastic cups (16 oz. clear or blue or red party cups), and a couple of glaze brushes. Make sure the hand blender fits into the Solo cup! (there are different sizes)
- Triple beam scale or digital scale- ask if we have enough. We need one scale per two students and the studio may have some. Call ahead and ask so you don’t buy one unnecessarily.
ALSO TEST YOUR SCALE TO MAKE SURE IT IS ACCURATE TO 0.1 GRAMS!! Many digital scales that are cheap won’t measure that small of an amount. Many like to stop at 2 grams!! We need to weigh 0.2 grams or 0.5 grams. Also, test your scale against another triple beam or digital scale to see if it is actually accurate!! MANY times they are not!
This workshop is non-refundable and all sales are final.